Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nothing stupid happened to me!

I'm really excited that I don't have any embarrassing moments to post in this blog, but I realize it might not be as exciting for you readers. Sorry!
So yesterday was Friday and it was a fairly normal day. Went to class (was on time again!) and then went on a walk with Rachel and Heather.  Took a couple of nice photos.

Does this look like something from Pride & Prejudice to any of the other girls reading this? Because it totally felt like it! It was even raining on me :) Hooray!  I love these beautiful old places with fountains. Can I please live somewhere like this? 

I had to post this because it looks like Hogwarts, and I'm a nerd.

This is called the Obilisk, but I like to call it the basilisk sometimes. Also, side note. Right next to this was where we saw a motorcyclist get hit by a car.  He looked like a little turtle on the ground, trying to get up.  It was sad because I'm fairly sure he broke his shoulder and maybe something else, but obviously I didn't go ask though. It was impressive how quickly the police showed up to the scene. Literally five minutes (if even)

And this is Poseidon's fountain that we threw pennies into and made wishes!
Really, that was it for Friday. I went home early and wrote a paper for class. Yay.  Wow, if it's possible to have a boring day in Paris, I think I might have just done it. Oh well, even the boring days are still full of history and pictures here.

Saturday! Today was good because it started out with us climbing to the top of Notre Dame. Who wouldn't love that? :) 
 This is us waiting in line. We are so excited if you can't tell :)
 A view from the top. So epic. It was so worth waiting the 45 minutes to get up. Sadly, it wasn't free like our friend said it would be. But we think he used his manly charms on the french lady to get in. We don't have any manly charms-->5.50 euros :/ But so worth it!
Nothing too noteworthy happened up here, just sort of checking out the city.

Just looking for Quasimoto up here.  Seriously, because I recently watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame it made this place so much cooler to me. I don't know what it is about Disney movies, but it makes me love the places I'm visiting so much more than I would otherwise. 

I'd make such a good gargoyle, look how scared Rachel is!
After leaving Notre Dame we went and grabbed some lunch at a crepe place because we had an hour till class, and for once everybody else was hungry with me.  The crepes were so good, but I've still only found one crepe place that has speculoos here. It's breaking my heart, but I'm doing my best to endure, don't worryr! I just eat a ton of everything else to console myself.  Don't even worry about the fact that I just eat 24/7.  All my friends think I'm crazy for eating so often, but when you walk all day you have to eat all day, right? 

A statue of Jeanne D'Arc. I love her, she's so cool! I just think her whole story is really amazing.  Someday I want to help a ton of people like she did.  But I'm not hoping for a gold statue of me to be put in Paris. that would be cool though.  

We actually did 2 walks today, since both were short. The first one took us to the opera house. Can you believe it! The opera house from Phantom of the Opera and Anastasia! (We ARE watching that when I get back Whitney, it's time)  Again, having seen the movies made the place soooo much cooler to me :)  Also, a cool little story. Some random lady came up to me in the opera house when we were waiting in line, and asked me if I spoke French.  Then she had me translate something she wanted to say to some other random ladies. I felt so legit! I walked back to my friends feeling all cool :) But also hoping that I translated correctly :P haha that would be embarrassing. Don't worry, I'm fairly sure it was right! (Maybe this counts as something interesting happening to me today, it's just not something embarrassing this time?) Oh also I forgot to mention that we went to the Opera House to buy tickets! That's right, I'm going to see the Tokyo Ballet at the Opera House in Paris!  How awesome is that going to be? (answer: way!)  Also, how funny is it that it's the Tokyo Ballet? Super lucky :)  I feel like I should buy a pair of binoculars or something for it. But whatever. This will be good preparation for the ballet class I'm going to take with Whitney next semester.  (Because we all know that BYU dance classes require a lot of prep and all that jazz)
Anyway, moral of the story. I can't wait for the ballet! I'll feel like Anastasia! Except I won't be super nervous about meeting my grandmama, maybe I can meet a boy though? (Would I want to meet a boy who is willing to go to a ballet without a girl though?...hmm..)







I had to put this photo up because I love carousels! They are so great! Plus this one was two stories! How often do you see that?!
These are just random photos that I liked from the last walk we did. Everything we saw looked so cool. It's like that whole part of the city was just modern art-ish. (look for a bunch more photos on facebook)  But seriously, makes me jealous for the people who lived there.  But I think I do actually prefer the grassy/green places with trees that we've visited to this.  But it was still cool. There was a building that looked like a thumb. But, not sure if that's actually cool or not. I'm still deciding.  
Alright, that's the end for today. Sorry nothing super exciting happened. But even I get to have normal days once in a while I suppose.  Now I must go eat some more pain du chocolate (bread and chocolate) because it's what I live off of here. (so healthy) Though I do eat an apple each day, so don't worry Mom!
Goodbye friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment