Friday, May 11, 2012

Déjà-who?!

Wednesday's walk started out with a nice little walk that took us to Pride and Prejudice land! That was actually the middle of the walk, but since the beginning was a museum where I couldn't take pictures I thought I would just skip it. (I'm not really a huge museum person anyway, so whatever). Oh but I did take this picture with Aslan, he was keeping watch outside the museum for thieves. Obviously, I'm not a thief and so he and I took a buddy-buddy pictures.
Anyway, here's a couple of pictures of the park we went to, it was beautiful! And they had a carousel! And I bought chocolate bread again! (I have it every day, but it's so good every time that I still get excited)  Oh and here is




It looks like Pride and Prejudice, huh? Ah I was dying. Except of course all of these adventures are just happening to me and my friends, not me and a boy. But that's okay, it's better this way because boys are a distraction! I'm obviously way too busy eating crepes to have time for boys.  (right, Dad? :) 
Anyway, speaking of eating crepes, that's what we went and did right after we left this park. Because I'm hungry all the time! yay! That's the only walk we did that day, so yup. Oh but there was this one tree at the park that was perfect to sit in! Sadly it wasn't so perfect to climb. Rachel and I tried really hard, but it didn't work out. Turns out climbing in a dress isn't as easy as you think it would be. (And if you're like me, then you don't think it would be very easy in the first place!)   Oh and here is a random little guy that I thought looked like a Razorback so I had to take a picture with him even if no one with me knew what I was talking about :P  Woo Pig Sooie!!!!

The next day we had a bus trip to Fountainbleu, and it was incredible! Oh and I have a slightly sad story to share.  But by sad I actually mean pathetic and that I fail at Europe.  In the morning my host mom told met hat it was going to be 25 degrees today and so I ran back upstairs and put pants on, with my black boots and grabbed my jacket.  Then we went on the bus trip.  No big deal. We get to the castle around 12:30 pm, and I'm burning up! Ahhhh!!! I forgot that it's Celsius here! I was going to die all day! I felt so stupid lugging around my coat all day :P Anyway, the castle was pretty epic, what with all the history and that jazz, but even cooler was the backyard!  

Here's a picture of the castle..from the backyard! :) 
After wandering around for a bit I found another field.  I've decided taking pictures in random open fields should be my new thing in Europe.  Kind of like eating crepes. I should try to do it every day! But sadly, I never find nearly as many open booths as crepe stands. (though I have found as many open booths as crepe stands with speculoos..)
 I was just kind of really excited to be there.
Although the best part of the day was yet to come. Because as cool as the castle was, I was even more excited to get back to Paris. Because look who was waiting for me there!!!! :) Ahhhh all those days Whitney and I had been counting down last semester and now we were finally in Paris together! It was crazy! And of course I took her to get a crepe :) We only had a short time together, so I had to make sure we had our priorities straight.  Don't worry, obviously we did (as you can see by this crepe picture)


And the picture where we're posing like asians...very necessary. We also took the time to dance in the street together, because that's kind of our thing. The only downside is that it wasn't raining. I guess it's more of a lack-of-a-plus than a downside, but anyway..
We had to say goodbye after about an hour or so, but we did so much. Like...walk around Paris together! and take touristy pictures together! and take more touristy pictures while eating crepes (very necessary), saw a street fight, looked at the Eiffel Tower, and ride the metro together! So that probably covers all the things to do in Paris :)  I'm glad we had that opportunity to be tourists together :)








No comments:

Post a Comment