Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Park City to Paris

     Well here I am writing my first blog post ever and I have no idea what I'm doing. That could be mostly due to the fact that everything on the internet is in French so....good thing I'm so prepared to be in Paris!
     To prepare for this great adventure in Paris I went on a little mini adventure with my friends in Park City. It was quite a blast.  Chad invited us up to stay at his time share with him and his friends and it was perfect timing since I didn't have a friend to stay with for the weekend.  Saturday afternoon Whitney Gould and I drove up to Park City (with the windows down the whole drive!) with Grant and spent the afternoon with him and Chad in Park City.  Dan was there earlier but he went home after we ate lunch.  Our mantra for the weekend was "We're on vacation!" which pretty much translated to "we can do whatever the heck we want!"  Just to prove that we went swimming when we got back and even to the hot tub (even though it was like 70 degrees outside).  Then we walked around Main Street and just explored Park City which was something of a ghost-town this time of year. It was great because it just helped add to the illusion that we had escaped real life.  

We even got super delicious ice cream and ate while walking around. It made window shopping much more bearable :)  (Grant was jealous that he didn't get the chocolate peanut butter ice cream like Chad and I did, that's why he's making that face.) 


We bought ingredients and made dinner back at the condo and Kyle and Albert came up to party too!  We had a delicious dinner of spaghetti and milk and then we went swimming again! (I love vacation!)


Sadly, we had to go home Sunday and I thought that was going to be the end of my condo adventure with my friends, but I was persuaded to go up again Monday night just for the night. So I rode up again with Kimmers, Hillary, Eldon, Chad, and Whitney Gould and we arrived around midnight. It was sort of crazy since I didn't even have 8 hours until I had to go to the airport but my crazy friends were too persuasive :)  . And not just persuasive but awesome because they decided to stay up all night to spend my last few hours with me.  So we stayed up all night watching movies, playing video games, and eating junk food! Hooray for college! :) (Okay, I admit, I actually fell asleep for an hour...)

Before it was even 8 am Eldon, Chad, Whitney Gould, and I were in the car on the way to Salt Lake.  My friends are so awesome, I hope they read this to know how much I appreciate them :)  Besides the ride to the airport they also helped me out with my long flights.  Since I didn't get much sleep last night, I actually slept through both of my flights, which sure helped the trip to Paris go by quickly.  So now here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Paris writing my first blog while watching a DCOM in french (for those of you who don't know, DCOM = Disney Channel Original Movie, and I'm very disappointed in you! :P)  More and more it is starting to hit me that I'm actually in another country but it's still a bit surreal.  However, looking out my window and seeing the Eiffel Tower is a good way to bring me back to reality :)  Tonight we are staying at a hotel and going to dinner with our group and tomorrow we all go to our host families. I am super excited about that but for now I will just have to show you a picture of our hotel room.  It's pretty small but I love it, mostly because of my bunk bed. I haven't done much today, but I did eat a legit french crepe with speculoos.  Tomorrow the adventure continues!
Oh and it's been raining all day, so I'm going to take that as a good sign for this trip since it's my favorite type of weather :) (minus thunderstorms, but that would have been too good to be true)
(the view from my window...amazing, right?!)
  

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm already obsessed with reading your blog. Have so much fun and post often so we can keep up! We love you Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulu! You're so lucky! I love the blog! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, you have the best friends ever to send you off in such great style! And to make sure you were tired enought to sleep on that flight...
    I can't wait to follow your adventures! Be safe! :)

    ReplyDelete